I love food. Thats no secret these days. However, it’s been a long and arduous journey for me to be able to admit that. It’s important to have a healthy relationship with and cooking for myself helps with that.
So that’s exactly what I have done– I have taken myself back into the kitchen to rediscover my love of cooking–and my hatred of washing dishes. And so as we begin, you all have no choice but to come along.
So back to my love of food–it’s mostly a love for bread. Like an obsessive love for bread. So I made croutons. I know what you’re thinking–croutons aren’t a meal…–but they can be with a little determination.
Therefore, I give you my crouton recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350°–That’s pretty easy
- Take a loaf of french bread and slice it into 3/4-1″ chunks
- Slice your finger open and spend 25 minutes looking for a bandaid so you won’t bleed on the croutons
- Put bread chunks in a large bowl
- Pour 8 tablespoons of olive oil in the bowl
- Add some spices–salt, pepper and dried basil leaves–if you’re feeling adventurous
- Mix with your hands and become disgusted with all the crap that gets stuck in your nails
- Spread onto a baking sheet pan
- Put into the oven for 10 minutes and then add another 5 minutes because you were wrong and 10 minutes wasn’t enough
- Take out of the oven and let cool, but not too cool so there’s still enough heat to burn your tongue
- Eat croutons on everything–salad, sandwiches, for breakfast, by themselves
This recipe was super easy and there was only one casualty, so I think it was a success.
Until Next Time,